Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Halloweenish AG Sewing Fun

Halloween costume

Preview of a Halloween Costume


Today I sewed this Halloween set, but maybe I'm not done yet. Something tells me to keep adding-on and that's why my mini projects turn into massive projects; I make work for myself!  I'm thinking about a black velvet cape. How about a mask? Um mm . . . a bubble mini skirt? etc., etc...





A View from the Sewing Machine




These are the leggings - to show you how I sew knit seams without a serger. First I sew my quarter inch seam. 




Then I sew another seam very close to the raw edge.














Last, I zig-zag the edge. It's strong and neat.























Here I am basting the elastic to the leotard leg. That's right, I baste my elastic. I just use a few galloping stitches and it seems to compensate for my tendency to stretch the elastic too tightly. Hey, it works for me! 




5 comments:

  1. Wow! You have great skills! This is very cute. I do like the idea of adding a bubble skirt and cape. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody, thank you. Guess what I made today? A mask! and a cape! Do you sew too?

      Delete
  2. My daughter and I love this! She especially loves the added hair piece! Thanks for showing how you sew down your seams w/o a serger. I was trying to do something like that on my princess dress last night (I've never made a dress before!) and I did not know if I was doing it right. Love ALL your doll outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I could help Gina. Thanks for the compliment too, it means a lot, like there really is life outside my little sewing nook.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like finding that prize in the cracker jacks box!