Friday, October 11, 2013

Leotards for an American Girl


Sewing Like Crazy

Friday's Finished Projects





A big batch of leotards!


Harper is shopping for leotards, what will it be - black, blue, green, purple, red, silver, white or orange?




Hi All! I am just having too much fun making American Girl leotards. I used to think they were hard to do but I have developed my own little production line that seems to speed things up ... cut 20 leotards, cut 20 neck elastics, cut 40 leg elastics (eek, that's a lot). I bag them up in ziplocks and go for it, a few a day. 

It is a pleasure, though, to start something entirely different. I am planning to sew some jeans with appliques on the cuffs. Today I hand washed the fabric to get the dye out . . . so my hands turned blue, really blue. Stay tuned, I'll have some pics next week!



Meggie

1 comment:

  1. I love that leotard. That is really cute. Is it easy to make one? How long did it take you to make one leotard?
    ShopAtOliviasDollCloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like finding that prize in the cracker jacks box!